JUNE 15, 2016
[itvt] is pleased to announce the winners of the 13th annual Awards for Leadership in Interactive and Multiplatform Television. The awards were presented at The TV of Tomorrow Show on June 7th.
- The award for “Most Significant Impact” (i.e. the company or organization that has had the most significant impact on the industry as a whole over the past year) went to Adobe Primetime.
- The award for “Most Significant Newcomer” (i.e. the company or organization that was the most significant newcomer/breakthrough player of the past year) went to Sorenson Media.
- The award for “Most Significant Technology, Platform or Product” (i.e. the company or organization that invented the most innovative and disruptive technology, platform or product of the past year) went to Starcom Mediavest for MAPS TV and to Visible World for its High-Yield Platform (tie).
- The award for “Most Significant Content Offering” (i.e. the company or organization that created the most innovative and disruptive content offering of the past year) went to New Form Digital for its digital original series.
- The award for “Most Innovative Design or User Interface” (i.e. the company or organization that created the most innovative and disruptive design/user interface/content-navigation schema of the past year) went to Comcast for its X1 platform.
- The award for “Achievement in Advanced Advertising” (i.e. the company, organization or individual that did the most to realize the promise of advanced advertising–including such areas as operator-driven single-screen advertising, connected-TV advertising, second-screen/social-TV advertising, addressable advertising, dynamic advertising insertion, transmedia advertising, interactive branded content, measurement, programmatic buying, dynamic creative, and more–over the past year) went to Turner Ad Sales for Now Media.
- The awards for “Individual Leadership” (i.e. individuals who demonstrated notable leadership in the interactive, multiplatform TV industry over the past year, and whose efforts helped move that industry forward) went to Jane Clarke, CEO/Managing Director of CIMM and to Fabian Birgfeld, Founder and Director of W12 Studios.
- The “ITV All-Star” award (i.e. an individual who has a long-term track record of leadership in the interactive television industry, and who is an appropriate candidate for membership in an ITV Hall of Fame) went to Chris Pizzurro, Head of Business Development, Sales and Marketing at Canoe.
Congratulations to all the winners, and a big Thank You to all the judges!