Industry leaders gather to review innovations, new solutions and discuss next steps
New York, NY, February 16, 2017 –The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) today hosted some 260 executives from across the media buying and selling industries at the 6th Annual Cross-Platform Media Measurement & Data Summit – the industry’s annual gathering to assess the state of audience measurement.
In addition to a slate of leading researchers and representatives from brands, networks, streaming services and media buying agencies, the Summit served as the platform for introduction of a white paper, “Current Practices in Attribution and ROI Analysis,” commissioned by CIMM in collaboration with the 4A’s Media Measurement Task Force to determine best practices in cross-platform attribution and ROI analysis.
The white paper, developed by Sequent Partners, found that while progress has been made toward development of methods that enable near real-time cross-platform attribution and ROI analysis, much work still needs to be done and few viable integrated systems for looking at consumer behavior cross-platform are yet available.
It was also announced at the Summit that Kantar Media’s audio watermarking technology for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content was selected to move to the next step in the standardization process of the 24TB Open Binding of IDs Drafting Group of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers® (SMPTE®).
SMPTE is the organization whose standards work has supported a century of technological advances in entertainment technology, for standardization consideration.
The Summit also provided an update from Jane Clarke, Managing Director and CEO of CIMM, on progress that has been made toward achieving CIMM’s Measurement Manifesto. The Manifesto, introduced at last year’s Summit, outlined the desired path for cross-platform measurement technology to take as it develops, as determined by CIMM.
“We are seeing some real tangible progress being made toward true cross-platform measurement, and the emergence of truly innovative technologies and solutions that will help achieve that end,” says Clarke. “But as this is such a dynamic time of research and development, the need for all facets of the industry to come together and align on what each needs from solutions as they advance is critical. The future of cross-platform measurement is taking shape now and the only way to ensure it takes a path that suits our needs is to be involved and help guide that direction.”
The program of speakers and presenters for the 6th Annual Cross-Platform Media Measurement & Data Summit was as follows:
- Progress in Achieving CIMM’s Measurement Manifesto
- Jane Clarke, CEO, Managing Director, CIMM
- Cross-Media Data, Business and Measurement Challenges
- Rino Scanzoni, Executive Chairman and CEO, Modi Media and Midas Exchange, GroupM
- White Paper: Best Practices in Multi-touch Attribution and ROI Analyses
- Jim Spaeth, Partner, Sequent Partners
- Alice Sylvester, Partner, Sequent Partners
- What can we learn from Hulu?
- Julie DeTraglia, Head of Ad Sales Research, Hulu
- Innovation In Canada: Complete Audio/Video Measurement and Combining Return Path Data with TAM Panel Data
- Lisa Eaton, SVP, Member Engagement, Numeris, Canada
- Ricardo Gomez-Insausti, Ph.D., VP, Research & Respondent Contact Centres, Numeris, Canada
- Cross-Channel Advertising Attribution: New Insights into Multiplatform TV
- Cindy Davis, EVP Consumer Experience, Disney ABC TV Group
- Craig Macdonald, Managing Director, Communications & Media Vertical, Accenture
- Update On Global Cross-Platform Measurement: Fusion vs. Single Source around the World
- Andy Brown, Chairman and CEO, Kantar Media
- U.S. Progress: End Users Discuss Options for Complete Cross-Media Measurement for Content/Ads
- Artie Bulgrin, SVP, Fan & Media Intelligence, ESPN
- Colleen Fahey Rush, EVP & Chief Research Officer, Viacom
- Howard Shimmel, Chief Research Officer, Turner
- Randi Schneider, SVP, Broadcast Entertainment Research, NBCU
- Kate Sirkin, Practice Lead, Analytics and Insight Americas and Audience Insight Global, Publicis Media
- Moderator: Lyle Schwartz, President, Investment NA, GroupM
- Desired Future State: Data, Audience Buying, ROI Guarantees? Cross-Media Total Audience Video Ratings?
- Julian Zilberbrand, EVP, Audience Science, Viacom
- Adam Gerber, SVP, Client Development & Communications, ABC TV
- Greg Pharo, Global Director, Advertising Research & Media Analytics, The Coca-Cola Company
- Tara Walpert Levy, VP, Agency and Media Solutions, Google
- Jonathan Steuer, Chief Research Officer, Omnicom Media Group
- Moderator: Joe Mandese, Editor-in-Chief, MediaPost